1. SMRT is pleased that Mr Seah Moon Ming, Chairman SMRT Corp and SMRT Trains, had planned to prioritise more time as an active Chairman at SMRT when he took on chairmanship of SMRT in mid-2017.
2. Under the guidance of Mr Seah and our Board, SMRT remains focused on delivering key initiatives such as asset renewal efforts, while it continues its multi-year effort to strengthen management, operations and maintenance teams, and build robust engineering and operational capabilities for future needs.
3. These initiatives aim to achieve higher reliability, availability, maintainability, safety and security, not just to address the challenges of an ageing system, but to deliver continually over the life of key critical infrastructure like the MRT system.
4. The Board, CEO and management of SMRT welcome the opportunity to work even more closely with Mr Seah from 1 Feb 2018, when he is scheduled to relinquish his position as CEO of Pavilion Energy.
5. The SMRT Board, management and staff are committed to work with various key stakeholders to deliver a safe, reliable and efficient service to commuters.
Background on Mr Seah Moon Ming
Mr Seah Moon Ming joined the SMRT Corp Board on 1 January 2017 and was appointed Chairman of SMRT Corp Ltd and SMRT Trains Ltd on 17 July 2017.
Mr Seah is also the Group CEO of Pavilion Energy Pte Ltd and Pavilion Gas Pte Ltd, the LNG business that he helped start in 2013. Mr Seah was previously Senior Managing Director at Temasek International Pte Ltd. Prior to joining Temasek, he was the Deputy CEO of Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd from 2004 to 2013. Mr Seah first joined the Singapore Technologies Group in 1994 as General Manager of CET Technologies Pte Ltd. He was appointed as Managing Director of Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited in July 1997 and served as Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited’s founding President from December 1997 to August 2009.
Mr Seah is currently the Chairman of International Enterprise Singapore and Singapore Cooperation Enterprise, and is a Patron to the Singapore Chamber of Commerce (Western Australia). He was the Chairman of Temasek Polytechnic from 2006 to 2014.
Mr Seah holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) with a major in Electronics Engineering from the National University of Singapore and a Master of Science (EE) with distinction from Naval Postgraduate School, USA. He also attended the Stanford-NUS Executive Program and the Management Development & Advanced Management Program at Harvard University.