Singapore, 17 May 2018
Early Closure/Late Opening from Admiralty to Yio Chu Kang MRT stations for Maintenance & Improvement Works from 1 June to 1 July 2018
1. From 1 June 2018 (Friday) to 1 July 2018 (Sunday), five stations along the North-South Line (NSL) from Admiralty to Yio Chu Kang will have their operating hours adjusted on Fridays and the weekends for more rail engineering and rectification works to take place. Admiralty, Sembawang, Yishun, Khatib and Yio Chu Kang MRT stations will close earlier at around 11.00pm on Fridays and Saturdays, and open later at around 8.00am on Saturdays and Sundays.
2. Train services will retain normal operating hours on 15, 16 and 17 June 2018, with operating hours extended on the eve of Hari Raya Puasa (ie. 14 June 2018).
3. During these planned closures, commuters can still travel on the NSL between Jurong East and Woodlands MRT stations, and between Ang Mo Kio and Marina South Pier MRT stations.
4. Mr Lee Ling Wee, Chief Executive Officer for SMRT Trains said: “Our engineering teams are making good progress on the renewal, maintenance, and rectification works along the North-South and East-West Lines (NSEWL), thanks to the additional hours available on weekends over the past six months. As part of our continued efforts to improve rail reliability, we have been working closely with the Land Transport Authority to intensify our renewal and maintenance efforts. Where possible, we are adjusting the operational hours along the NSEWL in sectors and keeping the rest of the network operating regularly so as to minimise inconvenience to commuters. We continue to seek your patience and understanding as we work hard to improve the journey experience for our commuters.”
Alternative Travel Arrangements for Journey Planning
5. During the early closure and late opening of these five MRT stations from 1 June to 1 July 2018, Shuttle Bus Service 10 will ply along the stretch of the NSL between Woodlands and Ang Mo Kio MRT stations, stopping at designated bus stops near the affected stations to pick-up and drop-off passengers.
6. In addition, Express 17 will operate point-to-point between Woodlands and Bukit Panjang MRT stations, connecting commuters directly to the Downtown Line and allowing for a faster journey to the city area.
7. As the timing of the first and last trains departing the affected stations along the NSL will vary, commuters are advised to check for station-specific timings on SMRT’s trains’ website and social media platforms when planning their journeys on affected dates. More information on train service timings and shuttle bus services during the early closure and late opening from 1 June to 1 July 2018 can be found in the Annex attached. Commuters are also reminded to cater for additional travel time when using the shuttle bus services.
8. SMRT will keep commuters updated on changes in timing to train operations and alternative transport arrangements on SMRT’s trains’ website: https://www.smrttrains.com.sg as well as through SMRT’s Facebook, Twitter feed and the SMRTConnect app.