Step 1: Application to be a Taxi Driver starts at LTA
To be eligible to apply for a TDVL, you should
- be a Singapore citizen holding a pink NRIC
- be at least 30 years old
- possess a valid class 3 Singapore driving licence for a continuous period of at least 1 year at the point of application
- have up-to-date Medisave contributions
- have a GCE 'O'/'N' Level pass in English or a level 3 pass in English under the Workplace Literacy Programme (WPL)*
*Those without the necessary qualifications are required to take the Workplace Literacy Computer Adaptive Test. The fee for this test is $10.50 (excluding GST)
How to Apply
- Download the TDVL Application Form or pick up a copy from LTA Vehicle Transit Licensing Office 10 Sin Ming Drive Singapore 575701.
- A non-refundable application fee of S40 must be paid upon submission of all documents at LTA.
Step 2: LTA Medical Examination
Upon LTA approval, you must pass
- A medical examination completed by a registered medical practioner
- A chest X-ray examination signed by a registered radiologist
You can receive up to $1,600 in training allowance with SMRT Train & Place Programme.
When registering for the TDVL course, kindly produce the following documents:
- LTA approval letter (within 4 months from date of letter)
- Identification Card (NRIC) as well as Driving Licence
- GCE 'O' or 'N' Level certificate
- Original or certified true copy of LTA medical examination form and chest X-ray result card
- $250 TDVL course fee + $50 Singapore Taxi Academy (STA) training materials + $35 STA test fee + $10 admin fee (includes GST)
Step 4: Completion of TDVL course
Upon completion of the TDVL course, you will be required to sit for a competency test, and must pass it within 1 year from the date of your LTA approval letter.