1. Is travel free on all trains and buses on National Day? What about transfers?
Travel is free on SMRT trains and buses on National Day. Transfers between trains and buses operated by SMRT and SBST will also be free.
2. Will service hours be extended?
Yes, service hours will be extended. You may refer to the SMRT website for timings (www.smrt.com.sg/Corporate/SMRT-Celebrates-SG50)
3. What if I take the train or bus past midnight on National Day?
Travel is free on National Day until the end of service. You may refer to the SMRT website for timings.
4. What if I take the train or bus at 12.10am on 9 August – will this travel be free?
Free train and bus services apply from the start of service (morning of) 9 August to the end of service for the day.
5. Which MRT Stations will be having special activities?
MRT Stations: Jurong East, Tampines, Ang Mo Kio, Orchard and Stadium MRT Stations
Bus interchanges: Woodlands, Bukit Batok, Choa Chu Kang, Yishun and Sembawang Bus Interchanges
MRT Stations: City Hall, Raffles Place, Bayfront, Promenade and Esplanade MRT Stations
6. Why is SMRT organising these special activities only at selected stations?
We are anticipating more commuters and families to pass through at these stations to join in on National Day festivities.
7. I have arrived at the station (in the list above) but there are no more gifts. How come?
We apologise that these are limited edition National Day souvenirs and are distributed on a first come first serve basis. Please join SMRT’s online photo competition for a chance to win a limited edition SMRT SG50 EZ-Link card – More details on SMRT’s Facebook page.
8. Will concession pass holders (e.g. Senior Citizens, Students) be given an extension of one day in lieu of the one day free travel?
Free travel throughout SMRT’s train and bus network is intended to mark Singapore’s 50th birthday. Concession pass holders will not be granted an extension in lieu of the one day free travel.
9. Why aren’t SMRT taxi rides free?
SMRT is offering free travel only on SMRT trains and buses on 9 August 2015.
For enquiries relating to the free travel on National Day, please contact our Customer Hotline: 1800 336 8900 (Only within Singapore, and mobile air-time charges may be imposed by relevant Service Providers).
Operating hours: 7.30am - 6.30pm Mon - Fri (except Public Holidays)
Special operating hours for National Day 2015: 12pm - 8pm